Do you want to make killer Halloween charcuterie boards this year? Then you’re going to want to follow this simple and spooky step-by-step guide!
If you’ve never created a charcuterie (CHAR-KOOT-UH-REE) board, they can seem a little intimidating. So many different types of foods are carefully prepared and placed elegantly on a board that makes a bold and delicious statement!
Halloween is no exception!
What type of Halloween charcuterie boards should you create?
- Sugary treats. Play on everyone’s nostalgic love for trick or treating with a board dedicated to candy, cookies, & all things sugar. Adult & kid-approved.
- Snack attack. Need to cater to everyone? A snack-style board is great for casual get-togethers. Mix fruits, nuts, chips, cheeses, meats, pretzels, popcorns, chocolate, and sugary treats, to have a little bit of everything for everyone.
- Elegant and rustic. Want a slightly gothic Halloween charcuterie board? Go all out with crumbly blue cheeses, baked brie coffins, figs, honeycombs, blackberries, dried fruits, & blood oranges.
How do you make your Halloween charcuterie boards special?
- Use an unexpected board. A pumpkin-shaped tray or vintage silver platters elevates a traditional wood or marble board.
- Add Halloween decor. Plastic spiders, skeletons hands, and nibbling rats make these Halloween nibble boards exceptional.
- Cut out shapes. Take it to the next level by cutting out ghosts or bats from thin slices of cheese or meat.
How to make the perfect Halloween charcuterie board.
- Choose your platter. The bigger the platter, the more food you’ll need.
- Find balance in the foods you choose for your board. One salty to one sweet. One savory to one light & airy.
- Two options for each food item are ideal. Two different types of cheeses, two different dips, and two kinds of fruits.
- Balance your board with anchor items like dips in bowls, or cheese wheels on opposite sides of the board. Then fill them with smaller snacks.
- Add some unexpected flair to wow guests. A sprig of rosemary, mini pumpkins, plastic spiders, & gravestones are just a few ideas you can try.
Ready to get inspired to create your own Halloween charcuterie boards this year? Keep scrolling to see the best 31 ideas!
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Some of the amazing following photos are not my own, click on them to head straight to the source!)
01 | SPOOKY
02 | GHOST CHEESE
03 | A RATS FEAST
04 | CHEESE COFFIN
05 | SUGAR SKULL
06 | PINK PLATTER
07 | RUSTIC BITES
08 | REST IN PIECES
09 | LAFFY TAFFY ATTACK
10 | SCARY SURPRISES
11 | CANDY CORN
12 | RIP
13 | MONSTER MASH
14 | CREEPY CRAWLERS
15 | TRICK-OR-TREAT
100 Halloween Party Food Recipes