Bohemian Christmas decor ideas are more popular than ever! Learn how you can make your Christmas just a little more Boho!
Bohemian Christmas decor is a mix of modern & Scandinavian-chic, that has a warm & earthy feel. I’ve always thought of anything Bohemian as sort of a modern-day 70’s throwback.
In fact, a Bohemian is loosely defined as a person living an unconventional life. Like hippies in the 70’s all the way to hipsters of the modern world. These people leap beyond boundaries & inspire others to do the same.
Over time a certain bohemian decorating style was born that evolves constantly and has no rules.
Although unconventional, there is a feel to the Boho style that can be identified through home decor. Places like Ikea & World Market have helped people get in touch with untraditional decorating styles we can’t help but fall in love with!
Besides everyday Boho home decor, we now are seeing more Bohemian Christmas decor ideas than ever! From wooden houses, knit stockings, & thin branched alpine trees, we just can’t get enough!
How can you decorate your home in Bohemian Christmas?
- Bring nature in. Natural elements like fresh-cut pine, dried pampas, birch logs, & dried orange slices creates balance.
- Layer textures. Boho is all about the feel, figuratively and literally. Use thick chunky knit fabrics, leather ottomans, jute rugs, faux fur, & macramé everything to increase the Boho vibe.
- Go neutral. The beauty in things can get lost in color. Bohemian Christmas decor will have a lot of beige, browns, tans, & greys which can enhance natural beauty.
- Warm colors are key. If neutral isn’t your thing and you love color, go for something wonderfully unexpected for the holidays. A burnt orange, burgundy, or mustard yellow can bring life to any space while still feeling festive.
- Use wood accents. Wood beaded garlands & wooden trees deliver that boho feeling while leaving a light and airy feeling to your Christmas decor.
- Go vintage. A vintage Christmas star tree topper & unique ornaments create a nostalgic feeling everyone will love.
Do you need to get inspired with some Bohemian Christmas decor ideas? Keep on scrolling!
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Some of the amazing following photos are not my own, click on them to head straight to the source!)
01 | FUR-LINED STOCKINGS
02 | BOLD GARLAND
03 | ORANGE BOTTLE BRUSH TREES
04 | WOODEN CANDLESTICKS
05 | FA LA LA
06 | MACRAME GARLAND
07 | ALL NEUTRAL
08 | BOHO CHRISTMAS TREE
09 | WHITE CHRISTMAS
10 | BOHO TREE FARM
11 | ARCHED PINE
12 | TABLE TOP HALOS
13 | BRASS BELLS
14 | TASSLE ORNAMENTS
15 | KNIT STOCKINGS
100 Minimalist Indoor Christmas Decorations