Under the kitchen sink organization should be your next priority for two reasons. One, you use this space daily. Two, you’re dealing with products that need proper care.
If you love something, you’re bound to take care of it.
Now imagine you love under your kitchen sink! Wouldn’t you put things away instead of tossing them in and slamming the cabinet door closed?
Probably! If everything has it’s own place, keeping it neat & organized will be piece of cake!
Under the kitchen sink is transforming into another beautiful place for you to organize and simplify your life.
How do you organize under the kitchen sink?
It may seem overwhelming but it actually can be quite simple if you let it be. Follow some of these steps to get one step closer to an organized kitchen.
01 | Determine what should go under the kitchen sink.
- Trash bags, plastic grocery bags.
- Everyday kitchen cleaners, wipes & sprays.
- Sponges, Brillo pads, magic erasers.
- Dishwashing soap and/or packets.
02 | Re-home things that should not go under the kitchen sink.
- Canvas or fabric bags due to moisture.
- Paper towels due to moisture.
- Very flammable chemicals.
- Fire extinguisher, move to a different kitchen cabinet away from moisture.
- Cleaning supplies for bathrooms or rarely used supplies, move to a different location.
03 | Purge & condense.
- Safely discard any cleaning supplies you never use.
- Use up any duplicates or condense down to one bottle if you can.
- Take smaller items out of their bulky packaging like sponges, dishwasher packets, etc.
- Put large bulky back stock somewhere else if you can.
- Replace an assortment of random rags to one package of the same kind.
04 | Add some containers & organizers.
- Start with a new liner for the bottom. Go with something fun!
- Measure under your sink to make sure you get containers that will fit and be functional.
- If you are lucky both sides of the sink might allow for some containers with pull out drawers to utilize the wasted vertical space.
- If you can’t use the vertical space under the kitchen sink, create sections with shallow bins.
- Label any container you use so you know what should go back where.
- Don’t forgot to use inside the cupboard doors themselves! Command hooks work great for scrubbing brushes, gloves, or to hold lightweight shallow bins.
- Tension rods can be a great way to hang all of your spray bottle cleaners off the bottom to free up some space.
- Not sure what containers to get? Clear will make it easy to see what you have in one glance.
Need to get inspired? Check out these 35 brilliant under the kitchen sink organization ideas!
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Some of the amazing following photos are not my own, click on them to head straight to the source!)
01 | WOODEN SLIDERS
02 | STACKABLE STORAGE
03 | A FEMININE TOUCH
04 | CLEARLY LABELED
05 | SMART & SIMPLE
06 | DOUBLE THE SPACE
07 | OVER THE DOOR
08 | THE BARE ESSENTIALS
09 | JUST THE RIGHT TENSION
10 | THE NOT SO LAZY SUSAN
11 | THE PERFECT BASKETS
12 | SIMPLY PULL
13 | A POP OF COLOR
14 | WIRED BINS
15 | A HANDELED SOLUTION
16 | A BIN FOR EVERYTHING
17 | CLEAN & SIMPLE
18 | OVER THE DOOR ORGANIZER
19 | SIMPLE STACKERS
20 | CLEANING PAIL
The Most Helpful Decluttering Guide Ever
21 | TRASH BAG RODS
22 | TIERED UP
23 | DOUBLE SLIDERS
24 | SEPERATORS
25 | HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS
26 | POD CONTAINER
27 | A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING
28 | DOLLAR STORE BINS
29 | TRASH & CLEANERS
30 | PLASTIC BAG HOLDER
31 | ALL NATURAL
32 | EASY PULL OUTS
33 | OVER THE DOOR METAL BIN
34 | EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE
35 | CARRY CADDY
I hope that some of these under the kitchen sink organization ideas have got you excited to get started on yours!