Have you ever wanted to keep your home organized for more than a day? Learn from the best organizing professionals how to not only get your home organized but how to keep it that way!
Imagine what having an organized home would feel like?
You would feel less stress and be able to focus on other more important things in your life.
Sometimes there is not a lot of things we can control, but an organized home is one of them! So take control and see exactly how the professionals get their homes & lives organized permanently.
Where do you begin to organize your home?
STEP ONE- Generic clean up & declutter.
STEP TWO- Develop your plan.
STEP THREE-Start organizing.
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Some of the amazing following photos are not my own, click on them to head straight to the source!)
STEP ONE | GENERIC CLEAN UP & DECLUTTER
- Toss all trash in your home.
- Do a generic clean-up. Pick up clutter, make the beds, put laundry away, so you can start with a clean slate.
- Go room by room and declutter as much as you possibly can to have less stuff to organize.
STEP TWO | DEVELOP YOUR PLAN
- Create an action plan for each room. Decide what areas need a better organizing solution. Is it misc? mail pile in the kitchen or maybe the cluttered nightstand?
- Find clutter that doesn’t have a home and create one. Make sure everything has its own space.
- Use organizing products you have or purchase some to help you organize overwhelming areas, such as junk drawers, under the sink, and linen closets. Don’t forget to create labels.
STEP THREE | START ORGANIZING
- Work one room, one section at a time, and do not overwhelm yourself. Slow and steady progress can yield huge results in the end.
- Organize your home neatly as you go. Set up a folding table or designate a section to use as a holding place for things you are trying to organize. Don’t create a huge overwhelming mess, it can de-rail your organizing efforts.
- Create spaces that you love. A new organizing bin or re-arranging things can make a space you used to hate a place you now love. What do we do with the things we love? We take care of them!
How to Organize Your Life Using Binders
Once you’ve thoroughly decluttered and organized your home it’s time for the most important part, keep it that way!
You’ll need to create habits to keep your home organized that isn’t overwhelming and can be easily scheduled into your calendar. Here are some pro tips for improving your organizational skills at home.
- Choose 3 NEW things you will do every single day to keep your home more organized. They can be small simple things that will make a large impact on a day-to-day basis. Here are some examples. Put away your shoes. Hang your purse & keys in a new designated area. Clear the kitchen counters before bed. Empty the dishwasher every morning. Turn these 3 things into a new habit that will stick.
- Once a month perform a quick declutter session on a specific area or your entire home. The idea is to grab a trash bag & make quick decisions. If you have a full bag or just a few items you’ve decluttered every bit will help maintain order. You’ll be surprised how many new things make it into your home over a month!
- Try something new when things aren’t working. Pantry still a disaster, does the closet feel overwhelming? Try something new! Color coordinate your clothes. Move the snacks into clear containers. Don’t stop until you’ve perfected the space.
- If you bring something into the home, remove one thing out in its place.
- Remove clutter hot spots like items on top of kitchen cabinets or the fridge. Enjoy the free space and try not to add back clutter.
The best-kept secret for people with organized homes is they create habits that help them keep a neat home every single day.
- Make your bed in the morning.
- Keep clothes off the floor.
- Clear the bathroom countertops after you’re done getting ready.
- Rinse your dishes and place directly into the dishwasher.
- Every time you get up take something with you that should go somewhere else.
- Keep your shoes, coats, purses, bags, & keys in the same place.
- When you bring in the mail, immediately sort & put away.
- Clean up the kitchen before you go to bed.
Keeping an organized home is not unrealistic! Let’s rec-cap on how to do it!
01 | DECLUTTER YOUR HOME.
02 | DEVELOP A PLAN & OVERCOME OBSTACLES.
03 | START ORGANIZING EVERY NOOK & CRANNY.
04 | CREATE NEW DAILY, WEEKLY, & MONTHLY HABITS
05 | FRESHEN UP YOUR HOME WITH A QUICK MONTHLY DECLUTTER.
There you have it! Just a little bit of prep work, a new mindset, & regular maintenance will create that dreamy organized home you deserve.